Due to the latest Covid-19 restrictions the museum is closed.
We hope to re-open when the lockdown is lifted on Thursday 3rd December. Follow us on social media or check back for updates.
We’ve launched an emergency appeal as we’re dependent on our admission income and have limited cash reserves. You can donate by clicking here.
Before your visit
- Book your tickets to avoid disappointment. If you haven’t booked you may be asked to return at a later time slot. For on the day availability give us a call on 01884 256295.
- You will be able to choose a half hour time slot for your visit. Please arrive within this time slot; you can then stay in the museum as long as you like (the museum closes at 4pm).
- Your party must include no more than 6 people, including children – to help with social distancing guidelines we are limiting the number of visitors.
- We will collect your contact details (either when you book or on arrival) so that we are able to assist the NHS Test and Trace scheme.
- Check our website or social media for updates
- If you, or anyone in your party, has symptoms of COVID-19 please stay at home.
- We ask that all visitors to the museum wear a face covering during their visit in line with Government guidance for museums, except for children under the age of 11 or those with exemptions.
- Please use the hand sanitiser available on arrival.
- A one-way system with clear signage is in place around the museum. Please follow this system and adhere to 2m social distancing guidance.
- Screens have been fitted around our front desk area to protect you and our staff and volunteers.
- Only one person or family to use our toilets at a time and we have a separate queuing system in place for those waiting.
- We have an enhanced cleaning schedule in place and high frequency touch points will be regularly cleaned throughout the day.
- Doors will be propped open in good weather to aid ventilation.
- We have removed all movable play and interactive elements and the Tivvy Bumper cab will remain closed to reduce the risk of transmission.
- Hand sanitiser is provided at non movable interactive elements and at other points around the museum. Please use before and after touching these elements.
- We do have quizzes and pencils available that you can take away with you.
- We have undertaken thorough Covid 19 risk assessments. Please click here to access our Visitor Risk Assessment. Please click here to access our Visitor Risk Assessment.
We hope that these measures leave you feeling confident to enjoy your visit to the museum safely.
We look forward to seeing you soon!