We are seeking a freelance consultant to undertake the following work for a maximum fee of £9,000 including VAT and all expenses:
We are seeking to commission a thoroughgoing review of our learning offer with the aim of creating a high-quality, financially sustainable offer for the long-term. We wish to commission an experienced consultant to research, develop and pilot the delivery of a new learning and participation strategy, action plan and resources that embed lifelong learning across the Museum and provide multi-platform learning and participation activities * for a range of audiences of all ages and abilities. These will promote understanding, enjoyment and inspiration from the Museum’s collections, local and social history of the area.
The project will be based on close consultation with teachers, museum staff and volunteers, and care homes.
[*Learning and participation activities include formal/curriculum-based learning for pre-schools, schools, and colleges, prioritising primary schools, as well as other informal learning, life-long learning and outreach activities for local societies and community organisations.]
Project Deliverables / Outcomes:
- A review of formal and lifelong learning across the museum to inform the resulting strategy for learning across the museum (strategy to be written by the consultant in consultation with museum staff and trustees).
- A new, sustainable formal learning offer for schools that can adapt to social distancing via a blended use of on-site, outreach and digital content.
- A refreshed range of school workshop sessions that respond to teacher needs and minimise volunteer / staff time.
- A review of the education loans service to ensure it meets the needs of local schools and other users and is operationally and financially viable/sustainable.
- A redesigned family learning offer for delivery within the museum, specifically focused on providing activity in school holidays.
- A plan for the safe delivery of a revised reminiscence service in care homes.
- Following consultation, a recommendation for developing future adult learning activities which are financial viable / sustainable.
- An updated Working with Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy, meeting current legislation, and a practical Safeguarding Code of Conduct for all staff and volunteers.
- Piloting of all resources, workshops and sessions and incorporation of feedback into the final action plan / offer.
- Training for staff and volunteers to deliver the new learning offer.
- A marketing plan and resources to communicate the revised formal learning offer and resources to local schools in order to achieve maximum usage take-up.
- Initial promotion of all new resources to target audiences.
For full details and how to apply please click here. Closing date for submission of proposals: 10:00am 27/11/2020