Tiverton Museum of Mid Devon Life offers talks relating to the museum and its collections, ideal for community groups such as local history groups, U3A, Rotary, the WI and others. We can come to you (limited availability for evening talks in person), or arrange to give talks at the museum (maximum 20 people).
We offer the following topics:
- An introduction to the museum (an overview of the collections, the history of the museum and the work we do).
- A brief history of Mid Devon as seen through the museum’s collections
- The Best of the Museum’s collections (this can be a standalone talk, or with a follow up second talk).
- From Wool to Lace; find out how textiles changed Mid Devon’s history
- Fore Street in Old Photographs
- People and Places of Tiverton
- Munitions and Matrons; Tiverton and Mid Devon During the First World War
- Women of Mid Devon
- West Exe in Old Photographs
- Gold Street and Bampton Street in Old Photographs
- Spinning a Yarn; an introduction to Mid Devon’s Wool Trade
- Victorian Mid Devon
- Pubs of Tiverton
Let us come to you
- All talks last approximately 50 minutes plus Q&A
- Our needs are simple! All talks feature PowerPoint slides (we have our own laptop & projector if required), so we just need a small table and sockets (or extension cable), and information on nearby parking.
- We ask for a minimum donation of £40 per talk. Our mileage radius is 30 miles from Tiverton, unless otherwise agreed.
- Talks are given by the Director, Pippa Griffith.
- Talks can be booked by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can offer our talks via Zoom for a minimum donation of £40 per talk.